A Brief Encounter with Norman
Posted on 22/02/2019
Whilst the circumstances were perhaps not conducive to a long chat, the key points to emerge were:
NS asked what our (B&G) Plan B was in relation to new owners of the Club.
• He will not give media interviews until we’re safe from relegation.
• He claims to be worth £130M.
• He will not fund the Club after the end of April and it will be dependent upon Season Ticket sales to see the Club through to the 19/20 season.
• Aside from Directors loans, the Club owes only £30,000 in trade debt.
• He was not bothered by the Morecambe protest and said that no embarrassment was caused, given that no Directors from that Club were present.
• Mark Porter's comments caused potential stadium sponsors to walk away, thus losing the club £500,000 of sponsorship
• He wouldn’t say what a realistic price for the Club was.
• 18 months ago he was a hero when he appointed Aspin.
• Synectics would have been the best option for the Club.
• He loves the prestige of being 1 of the 72 owners of a football club.